Phone: 206-381-9806 Ext: 125
A Puget Sound area native, Marlyn’s practice ranges from construction defect litigation, to pre-litigation workouts to representing communities as general counsel. Marlyn began her legal career as a King County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in the criminal division, moving to civil litigation in 2000, and has represented community associations almost exclusively since 2002. With extensive jury trial, bench trial and appellate experience, Marlyn’s general counsel practice focuses on ensuring that our clients avoid issues that lead to court scrutiny. Out of the office, Marlyn enjoys traveling, going to concerts, dancing and trying to keep up with her kids.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1996
- Note & Comment Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- University of Washington, B.A., with honors, 1992
- United States District Court for Western District of Washington
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Community Associations Institute
- Oregon Community Associations Institute
- Oregon Washington Community Association Managers
- Washington State Bar Real Property Group UCIOA Committee
Appellate Court Decisions – Lead Appellate Counsel
- Satomi Owners Ass’n v. Satomi, LLC 139 Wash. App. 175 (2007).
- Serrano on California Condominium Homeowners Ass’n v. First Pacific Development, Ltd., 143 Wn. App. 521 (2008).
- Fraternal Order of Eagles, Tenino Aerie No. 564 v. Grand Aerie, Fraternal Order of Eagles, 148 Wn.2d 224 (2002).
Publications and Presentations
- Reasonable Reactions: Rule Making and Rule Enforcement, Washington State Community Association Institute Law Day; Lynwood, WA, April 25, 2015
- Enforcement Actions: The Right Way to Correct Wrongs, Washington State Community Association Institute Law Day; Lynnwood, WA, April 26, 2014
- Pacific Northwest Insurance Coverage & Current Trends, 19th Annual West Region Construction Defect & Insurance Coverage Conference, San Diego, CA, September 18-20, 2013
- Deck the Halls with Boughs of Religiously Neutral, Inflammable, Allergen Free, Prickly-Green-Leaf with Red-Berry Branches (in Limited Common Areas Only Please!), WSCAI Community Associations Journal, December 2012
- Association Safety and Crime Prevention, Washington State Community Associations Institute, June 26, 2012
- Governing Documents & Liability, September 6, 2008
- Flags, Signs and Associations, WSCAI Community Associations Journal, November/December 2007
- Construction Defects: New Construction and Conversion Condominiums, November 13, 2007