Phone: 503-796-9806 Ext: 157
Jim Guse is a leader in the firm’s Insurance Coverage practice group and provides guidance to other practice groups on matters of insurance coverage. In addition to insurance, he is experienced in construction defect and general business litigation. Jim has represented his clients in administrative hearings as well as state and federal courts, including argument before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Jim has handled cases and/or provided insurance advice on cases in Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, and Florida.
During his fifteen year career, Jim’s practice has focused on the representation of individual and corporate policyholders in insurance coverage disputes, including insurance coverage for construction disputes. He is a sought after speaker on various topics of insurance and has presented seminars in Oregon, Washington, and California. He has also written articles on insurance coverage, co-authored the Oregon State Bar CLE chapter entitled Actions By and Against Insurers, and authored the Property and Liability Insurance chapter for the Oregon State Bar publication Real Estate Deskbook.
When he is not working, Jim is active in the community. He recently completed his long service as a board member and former Chairman of the Board for School House Supplies, which serves public school classrooms in need by operating a volunteer-run Free Store for Teachers stocked with supplies donated by the community. He also volunteers his time as a youth coach for baseball and basketball.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Concannon London Law Programme, 1997-1998
- University of Portland, B.A., Political Science, 1996
- Political Science Department, Writing Instructor
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Community Associations Institute
- Oregon Washington Community Association Managers