A Puget Sound area native, Marlyn is a litigator with Barker Martin, practicing construction defect law exclusively since 2002. Marlyn’s legal career has emphasized litigation in all aspects including a former stint as a King County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in the criminal division and civil litigator. With extensive jury and bench trial experience, Marlyn also focuses on appellate advocacy and has argued before the Courts of Appeals and Supreme Court of Washington. Most recently, she has developed the firm's Collection Services Program for community associations. Marlyn is actively involved in advancing homeowner rights through legislative committee work. Out of the office, Marlyn enjoys swimming, tennis and kayaking with her family.
- Satomi Owners Ass’n v. Satomi, LLC 139 Wash. App. 175 (2007).
- Serrano on California Condominium Homeowners Ass’n v. First Pacific Development, Ltd., 143 Wn. App. 521 (2008).
- Fraternal Order of Eagles, Tenino Aerie No. 564 v. Grand Aerie, Fraternal Order of Eagles, 148 Wn.2d 224 (2002).
- State v. Davis, 92 Wn. App. 1059 (1998).
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1996
- Note & Comment Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- University of Washington, B.A., with honors, 1992
Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Court for Western District of Washington
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Community Associations Institute
- Oregon Community Associations Institute
- Oregon Washington Community Association Managers
- Washington State Bar Real Property Group UCIOA Committee
- Founding member, Washington Homeowners Coalition
Select Articles & Presentations:
- Deck the Halls with Boughs of Religiously Neutral, Inflammable, Allergen Free, Prickly-Green-Leaf with Red-Berry Branches (in Limited Common Areas Only Please!), WSCAI Community Associations Journal, December 2012
- Association Security and Neighborhood Watch - Best Practices, WSCAI Seminar, June 26, 2012
- Governing Documents & Liability, September 6, 2008
- Flags, Signs and Associations, WSCAI Community Associations Journal, November/December 2007
- Construction Defects: New Construction and Conversion Condominiums, November 13, 2007
- Board and Association Manager Liability, March 27, 2007
- Key Issues with Governing Documents, September 13, 2006